Mini Shrimp Tacos and Margaritas (Adapted from Bite by Bite)
5 flour tortillas
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup finely diced tomatoes
1/4 cup finely diced jalapenos
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce
1. Heat oil to 325 degrees F. Cut 1.5 inch rounds from tortillas. Wrap a tortilla round around a small metal cannoli tube and then slide it into a larger cannoli tube to keep it in place. Fry gently until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for thirty seconds. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook until opaque. Remove from skillet and chop very finely.
3. Mix sour cream and adobo sauce.
4. When the tortilla shells are cool enough to handle, fill with srhimp, tomatoes, jalapenos and a drizzle of sour cream. Serve in hollowed out limes (as seen in photo).
5. To make margaritas, carefully empty the mini bottles of Patron and drill a hole from the top down into the bottle corks. Fill the bottles with your favorite margarita recipe, using a funnel. Top with corks and slide straw into hole in cork.